Thursday, September 28, 2006

Weekly babble

Well, what's been on the go since I lasted posted (besides Richi getting the SA titles I mean)....

Well on the weekend we had the Austrian national junior team here in Henndorf for training. This was organised mostly by myself (making the courses, organisation and control checking, setting and collecting) with Franz Helminger (control setting and collecting) and Franz Nagele (course setting). It was a great success, the trainings were very good (not my words) and relevant to the terrain in which the next major competition is.

It is, of course, exceptionally physical doing all these control setting exercises in the forest, so Sunday evening I was really buggered. Wolfi and I ran round the course collecting controls on Sunday after the last training and I was really struggling, Aisha on the other hand had the weekend of her life - she had as much fun as a dog like her could have. However, the fantastic braai at the Müllers afterwards helped me recharge my batteries. Additionally I could just sit and watch a brilliant men's cycle world championships right here in our very own Salzburg - really well organised, and a very exciting event. Well done!

Hill training on Tuesday was again really good, with all three of us (Warti, Markus and myself) going over the 500m mark (climb), which was the goal of the exercise - Warti even hit the 600m mark. The weather has started to turn and so we are getting home in the rain and darkness, and soon we will be taking some lights with us.

On Wednesday it was just Aisha and me on a beautiful but wet run over Henndorf forest and today the three musketteers hit the road round Kienberg during our 10 x 3 min interval session. Another good one, sorry about Markus's stomach problem though, which slowed him down a bit at the end. All in all, another really good training.

All this training is doing me good, but I'm buggered, so I'm off to bed. Keep well all, keep training and most importantly, keep smiling :)

No comments: