Monday, October 30, 2006

Attack Point

Well, it has been a long time, and this won't be a long post either, but I promise to try to post before the end of this week :)

Actually the main thing I wanted to post was 2 web sites that should be incredible interesting to all you athletes and orienteers out there.

The first one is Attack Point which is a online line training logbook. It's a really great way to write your diary and let everybody know how your training is going. Additionally I'm finding it to be a bit of a motivater as well, as I hope to move up the attack Point ranking over the next few months (currently about 700). I see that Richard Lange is using it (maybe he is not aware of it) to enter his OL splits, and is ranked about 400 at the moment (a good aim to go for), but it would be nice if some of you guys down SA way could use it, so I could see how you are training :) My training logbook is called "richi", please feel free to add me to your favourites!

The other great link is Route Gadget and is aimed for all you OLers out there. It is relatively easy to set up on a server, and then check out my clubs homepage to see what you can do with it - A really cool piece of software.

So hope you are all well, till the next post...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attack Point? Huh? I'm using it am I. Maybe I signed up ages ago or maybe there's another orienteer in the world called Rich Lange. Of course he's probably not nearly as hopeless as me at the moment. I'll check out the site when I have a chance.

Unknown said...

Actually, I think Nicholas Mulder is using it for you :) and entering your splits so that he can compare his splits!

Give him hell :)
R.

Anonymous said...

OK I don't know what happened, but all a wrote has gone... but that is what happens with me and the net... I had a look at that sight and well I'm lost and haven't got a clue how to use it!!! my little black book is good enough. I can tell you on Sunday I ran my 150th half marathon an then last night I ran my 160th 10km race... races for the year now total 40!!! my training km for the year are 3490km but who really wants to know that... lets hope this Attack Point gets you out through the winter with a bit of base.
good luck.
dion