Monday, July 04, 2011

A small injury....

I'm always the one telling people to go slow when they start running again..... Ha Ha, I should have followed my own advice. The problme with starting to run with ambious people is that they always want to push push push and so you get a bit dragged into it. And so it was this time.....

I haven't written for a while but started to think about it a few weeks ago when I started running regularly again (i.e. more than once a week). My new job takes me to Zurich and we sort of got a small group growing where the 3 of us (Max, Tom and myself) run form the hotel in the evnings after work. The problem is that both of them are over achievers and always pushing that bit more, so I have to struggle to keep up. I noticed already the signs on Monday last week after the Salzburg sprints that I was doing to much and mostly too fast. Start slow I always say.....

Oh well, during an easy run on Saturday I slowly felt the rip coming on, and pretty much nothing could stop it. By the time I got home I was in agony and have been limping since then. I'll take a walk / jog to see how it is tonight....

Bummer, hopefully it's not too bad and I can get back to training soon again, otherwise I'll never catch Max and Tom......

Just a short word to the Salzburg sprint champs. My level of fitness is probably at the lowest it has been since I was ten. I'm a good 10 - 15 kilos too many and my resting heart rate is now over 60. But I still try to get out there occasionally. The sprint was in a great little town called Hallein, perfect for sprinting. The map is tricky and difficult to read at full speed and so it was on the first leg. I made 90 s mistake to one control on a course that took me 20 minutes and Robi 14. TTTOOOOOOOO much I would say. I was very disapointed that I forget my routine and calmness so quickly. My aim was then to settle down for the second run, which went perfectly well. No errors and a clean run...... I was still some 4 minutes behind Robi - our shooting star.

Oh well, no more orienteering until August I think, so I'll have some time to get back into shape.

Cheers for now,
Richard.

No comments: