Monday, January 29, 2007

Another record week!

Well, I am surprized, especially after yesterdays failure (I was aiming for 30 plus kms and only ended up with 23), but I still managed a record week. And this record week seems to be an all time Austria record week, as I cannot find any mention of a week more than 115 km or so in my logs - doesn't mean there wasn't - just means I can't find it!

Still no orienteering or racing until now this year, but I'll keep that preparation doing well and hope for the best when it eventually does come around :) This week will be a well deserved rest week with no hard training (except the coopers test on Saturday :) )

Some pics (taken with the phone) included from yetserdays run! 10 - 15 cm new snow on all the roads, more off the beaten track, so very physical run. 2hrs 40 for 23km plus 600 hm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

115km that makes it 2 weeks in a row that you have run more than me... I only got to 114.7km and that was my biggest week since june 06. It was Red Hill 36.2km on Saturday and I ran my fastest time by over 5 min, but as you know we never run it very fast. (2h35:46) It doesn't look like I'll get ro run anything hard till Pen Marathon 18/02/07 so I don't really know what sort of shape I'll be in and how fast I'll be up to running...
dion

Unknown said...

Actually I hit 118 km last week :) What time you looking for at the PM?

Richard.

Anonymous said...

Rich I don't yet know, because I haven't run any real races... I will be running a tempo run on Saturday with a friend Roger Dickson, and we hope to run 35:00 and if that is easy I should be close to 2h35 (weather dependent) at PM. I ran 4 x Mile yesterday in 5:17 5:20 5:15 5:13, and that was after a hill session in the morning. Tonight I'll start with 3km at 3:30 then join the guys for a 12/13km in the forest before popping on the track for another 2km at 3:30. just one more week of hard training for this race...

Dion