Thursday, November 15, 2007

it's been so long

Yup, really it has, since I last posted something here. The lack of news has also mirrored my lack of training over summer, and this entire year has been a complete write off. However, I'm hoping that after next week, things will start to improve.

You might ask what happened, well let me summarise:
1) After a good winter, the performance was not what I expected!
2) Lots of tests (blood / physical / mental) didn't really help.
3) Doctor then discovered problem with teeth, Dentist said operate
4) It appears that my 4 false teeth were very badly handled when they were capped, and they have formed large infections within the bone in my upper jaw.
5) The first operation, that took 2 hours, was only able to remove the infection from the left side of the jaw, after which I needed to recover, and get the second side done.
6) That is happening on Tuesday.

This has meant that my summer has been one of NO training - why should it? No amount of training can help me here. So I basically stopped training, just occasionally running, and here and there the odd race.

It could also explain the reason why I get so very sick, when I get sick. A normal cold or fever can hang around for 4 to 6 weeks with me, infecting my sinuses, chest and throat. I hope that this will now be a thing of the past, and that I will feel generally better as well.

So there you have it! I'm confident that I will be able to start winter training in 1 or 2 weeks and am looking forward to a great winter. We already have a lot of snow (more snow this year so far than the entire of last winter) and I even managed a small jog with Frank yesterday.

Watch this space and keep coming back for more,
Richard.

No comments: